Schedule for the week
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite ended the week recording their 7th consecutive negative week. It is worth noting that this is the longest streak since the end of the dot-com bubble in 2001.
However, companies will continue to release their reports in the coming week. Moreover, this article highlights the most important economic data expected in the coming week.
Reports are expected from companies such as: Zoom Video Communications, Advance Auto Parts, Nordson Corporation, Skyline Champion, Heliogen, Capital Southwest Corporation, America's Car-Mart, Transcat, Sonida Senior Living and many others.
As far as economic data is concerned, it will be known on Tuesday:
- S&P Global U.S. manufacturing PMI (flash) for May;
- S&P Global U.S. services PMI (flash) for May;
- New home sales (SAAR) for April.
On Wednesday, expect reports from NVIDIA, Snowflake, Amerco, Williams-Sonoma, DXC Technology Company, Change Healthcare, Dick's Sporting Goods, Nutanix, Box inc., ViaSat, Enersys, Dycom Industries, E.L.F. Beauty inc. and many others.
- Durable goods orders for April;
- Core capital equipment orders for April;
- FOMC minutes.
Reports from: Costco Wholesale, Marvell Technology Group, Dollar General, Workday, Vmware, Dell Technologies, Zscaler, Burlington Stores, Macy's, Lions Gate Entertainment, CorVel Corporation, Brady Corporation and more.
Economic data on Thursday:
- Initial jobless claims;
- Continuing jobless claims;
- Real gross domestic product revision (SAAR);
- Real final sales to domestic purchasers revision (SAAR);
- Real gross domestic income (SAAR);
- Pending home sales index.
Also, NFIB small-business index, Real household debt (SAAR). Furthermore, New York Fed President John Williams speaks
The full list of company reports can be found here.